Dec 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!


We made it back from our annual Christmas visit to The Ancestral Homeland late this afternoon. We had a very nice visit with all of my side of the family, and we faired well enough on the road despite several large winter storms that moved through southern Wisconsin while we were traveling.

Molly was good enough to get me a "Flip" - this is a very cool little digital video camera that can record up to an hour of video and upload it to a blog, Flickr site, or a computer. I joked that I will probably end up capturing live action images of a bike crash while I am screwing around with this on a ride (I note that in every jest there is a grain of truth). We also pulled down some good Wisconsin swag from my brother, a self-heating coffee mug and some home-made slippers from my sisters, and from my parent's, an awesome caramel apple from a local candy shop (these are amazing).

The best part is that the fun is not over - I have to duck into the office for a little on Saturday, then I have another week off to regroup. Looking forward to that!

I hope you all had a happy and safe holiday. Now, go look for owls or ride you bike if it's nice out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment