Apr 8, 2008

It's Vegan Except for the Saddle

I am stealing a page from Bike Snob on this, but...
THE BEST OF MPLS CRAIG'S LIST:

Wooden tall-boy!! One of a kind! - $400 (NE MPLS) Reply to: xxx@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-08, 2:30PM CDT

Yes, this bike is made of wood. Specifically dowel rods and plywood. there are sealed bearings in the headset and bottom bracket. Not only is this bike a single speed fixed gear, it is also a direct drive, which is one more step up the hard core ladder. It is built for people about 6 feet tall. If you are shorter, you will need some platform shoes to reach the pedals. The seat is padded and covered with leather. I built this bike 4 years ago and have not ridden it since. No test rides. Serious inquiries only. Buyer must pick up.


"Not only is the bike a single speed fixed gear..."

Wait, wait, wait. It's actually a single speed no-gear, I believe.


"I built this bike 4 years ago and have not ridden it since." I could have guessed that.

I bet it sells. I suspect it will end up in someone's rec-room, or on the front porch of a nice house on River Road - but I would really love to it on the Stone Arch bridge at about 6:30 PM some summer evening, or maybe u-locked to a sign outside of a bar on the East Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment