Jun 27, 2008

It's All Over But the Shouting

Today and only today we had a garage sale. Not much sold and we did not get much traffic. We think it is due to the sketchy weather and a general decrease in consumer confidence. We did manage to move some crap out of the house but are left with a folding ladder, a tall, table and my duck blind (surprisingly, no one wants a portable duck blind in late June).

I also placed my Wound-Up carbon fiber fork with a kid name Max who wrenches at Eric's and sold a food dehydrator to his friend. One or two Bike Lovers stopped by as well, which was nice.

Here are Molly and her buddy Helen de-mobilizing the garage sale. They did almost all of the work; I was the cheerleader and ran the hot lunch program. My security services were not required, but I was prepared just in case.

On a more annoying note, my Pugsley peed hydraulic fluid all over my garage. I think this probably happened because I looked it a little too hard or something. That bike is a little bit of a money pit; it is by far the most trouble per mile of any of my rides, but hopefully this is the final issue and it will be trouble free from here on out. Here is the evidence of the release for your viewing pleasure:

Thanks to my Sun Dance at about 10:00 this morning, it's now sunny, HOT and brutally STEAMY. That's the last time I do something like that without professional supervision. Hopefully we will get a rain shower to blow this out of here later today.

That's the news from the big sale. Ride safe and have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. This is an entertaining post. I'm trying to convince myself that I need a duck blind, but it seems to be a purely emotional need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally need a duck blind - your daughter could play in it in the back yard as a fort and you could spy on the neighbors in your spare time. It folds up for convenient storage, too.

    ReplyDelete