Mar 1, 2009

Late Winter Walk


Critter Tracks
Originally uploaded by Snak Shak
The wife and I walked around Fort Snelling this afternoon for a much-needed change of pace. We were rewarded with the sighting of a dozen wild turkeys (they were walking along the road, heading to the officer's club from what I can tell). Many skiers were out and about and the birds were very active. Despite a very cold start to the day (-7 at the house), there was even some warmth in the afternoon sun.

As we round the corner into March, I am glad to begin putting this winter behind us. I long for warn evenings, thunder storms, the smell of rain, and going bare foot.

For now, I have to settle for thinking about that, but maybe within the next month or so, I'll start getting some of my wishes.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete