Dec 2, 2009

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time...

A reader of this blog was good enough to invite me to come on down to Miami tomorrow and ride a bike-based contraption called The Regurgitator and perhaps join in some festive Tall Bike Jousting.

That's kind of short notice for me, so I am not going to make this. Looking at The Regurgitator, that doesn't seem like something I would be up for, either. I have to admit, though, that the tall bike jousting looks like a lot of fun (up 'til the very end part).

At any rate, I thought some readers be interested in vicariously sampling the alt bike scene in Miami. The event will be at Art Basel, which modestly claims to be "the most important art show in the United States, a cultural and social highlight for the Americas".

Don't be disappointed if you really, really want to see this and just can't get away to Miami on a moments notice. You don't have to travel if you don't want to - you watch the festivities live on the interwebs at Bike Club Games right here.

Maybe I can get some of those MPLS bike polo players to organize a bike joust so I can see just how much this would hurt before I give it a go....

No comments:

Post a Comment