Jul 18, 2011

Unbelievably Humid

We have been beset by weather that rivals Southeast Asia here is the City of Lakes. We had record humidity and a heat index of well over 100 degrees yesterday and today as much the same.

Last night, the National Weather Service measured atmospheric moisture and found almost 2.15 inches of preciptable water in the air. That's about 200% more than normal for mid-July and not far from the highest levels ever observed. We were ABOVE the 99th percentile in humidity at that point.

It's really unpleasant. We have been sequestered in air conditioning since Saturday. I went to the range on Saturday morning but other than that, no real extracurriculars for me at this point. I really want to get on my bike, but with today's 117 degree heat index, I find discretion to be the better part of valor.

It looks like this breaks on Wednesday, so I can hang in there until then, but I don't care much for being under house arrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment