Jul 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

We had an All-American July 4th at our house this year. Yesterday we kayaked the Cannon River. I got horribly sunburned and dumped my kayak screwing around in the "rapids" of the Cannon and just generally had a great time. Last night we baked my usual July 4th cherry pie (one of our few holiday traditions around the old Snak Shak) last night. I opted for "Lite" pie filling this year. Not as good as the "Heavy" pie filling, but we seem to be eating it nonetheless.


Today we returned to the scenic Cannon River Valley and rode the Cannon Valley Trail. The trail is one of the earliest Rails to Trails routes in the U.S., I believe. The trail turned 20 in 2006 (I know that because the trail pass people in Welch gave me a free sticker commemorating the event). It was a great day for it and we had a nice 40 mile ride all told.

Molly gathers her energy for our thundering charge into Cannon Falls, MN.

Finally, we capped the day with a Twins game - I got tickets through work and they are very good seats; that's a nice perk for our MPLS office staff and we had a good time at the game. Molly is wanting to go back again in August, so we'll watch for some tickets.

Good times were had by all and we have the weekend before us. It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment