Jun 22, 2009

A Friendly Town


The conventional wisdom is that hot, steamy weather makes people cranky. That wasn't my experience today, despite a reading of 94 degrees when I left the office this afternoon.

The day began with a hearty "Bike Love!" from somebody that passed me on Park Ave. just about 7:30 AM this morning. I hollered back but don't know that greeter was. On the way home, I rode with a guy on a really slick folder (forget the name; it was German, I think). We chatted about folding bikes, the merits of 650b wheels and frames for commuting most of the way from downtown to about Lake St. before we parted ways.

It was hot, hot, hot, though. When I got home I ran through the sprinkler like a little kid and then broke out my special Anti-Monkey Butt powder (seriously). I feel much better now. Tomorrow is supposedly going to be worse, but I am going to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment