Dec 16, 2011

Doin' Deals


PC160033
Originally uploaded by Snak Shak
I flipped some cantilever brakes that were laying around in my parts drawer this evening. Somebody posted on Bike Love looking for a set of canti's to go on a winter bike he was building.

I had a pair that originally came off the Cross Check. These had been in the spare parts pile for about... oh 3 years now, so I felt ready to pass them on. The only bike have right now that can even take cantilever brakes is the LHT, and that's got brakes on it the last time I checked.

As luck would have it, I had to be downtown this evening anyway for an office party, so I was able to do the meet up and swap brakes for cash, and hit the party all in one trip.

It's nice when these deals work out. The buyer, who I had never met before, got a square deal on some decent brakes, I was able to clear out some clutter and see these get back on the road, and I met a new person tonight in the process.

That's a win-win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment