Aug 29, 2009

I Have Been Rewarded


Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota is sponsoring the "Do" campaign to help get people off of their butts and walking, biking, dancing, or whatever. You may have seen the ads on T.V. - they are pretty clever and fun to watch. I am trying to get my office to participate in the program as part of our nascent health and wellness program, but so far we have not gotten that together. Yet.

Being a man of action, I went ahead and registered myself for the do.cycle program back in mid-July or so. The office will pull it together eventually, but why wait? There's a very nice mileage tracker website and you can register as an individual and create a team if you can get enough people to join in. And it's free.

BCBS offers incentives along the way - you get a water bottle for joining, a 10% off coupon from the bike shop of you choice (I say that with a grain of salt because my two favorite shops are not listed on the Do site).

Tomorrow I should be making a big dent in the march to my next award with a ride from Duluth to Hinckley. Wish me luck - I have not done a single long ride this year, but have quite a few miles from frequent, shorter rides, so I think I'll be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment