- The number of bicyclists counted at 30 locations increased by 15% between 2007 and 2008.
- The number of pedestrians counted at 27 locations increased by 3% between 2007 and 2008.
- 15th Avenue SE north of 5th Street is the busiest location for biking among 128 count locations, with an estimated 3,570 bicyclists per day.
- Washington Avenue SE west of Union Street is the busiest location for walking among 128 count locations, with an estimated 21,740 pedestrians per day.
- East River Parkway north of Franklin Avenue carries the highest bicyclist mode share (17%), among 65 count locations.
- Washington Avenue SE west of Union Street carries the highest pedestrian mode share (32%), among 65 count locations.
- Bicycle riding on sidewalks or bike paths is lowest on streets with on-street bike lanes (18%), and highest on streets with off-street bike paths (78%).
Some other interesting bits include the fact that bike traffic on the LRT trail next to the light rail increased 164% from 2007 to 2008, and Midtown Greenway west of Hennepin Ave. experienced 2110 riders during the count. That's a lot.
The full text of the report is available here. An interesting map depicting count locations and result is available here.