Jun 16, 2011

Or Maybe You Can...

This just in...

I got back from an evening meeting tonight to find this little gem from Singular HQ waiting for me in the in-box:
Hi Joe, 
No problem to ship you an xs peregrine from the uk. Doesn't work out too badly as you don't have to pay sales tax. I am away at the moment for a week but will drop you a line next thurs when I'm back. 
Best regards,
Sam
How awesome is that? Despite being on vacation (or "Holiday" as they say in the UK), I got an optimistic email reply from Sam at Singular Cycles promising follow up in the near future.

It's disappointing, though, that apparently the U.S. dealers don't pursue order requests very diligently. This is not the first time I've brought this up at the LBS (or with Prairie Peddler, for that matter). I think the margin on a single bike must be too small to make it worth the while for a bike shop to chase a single order. It may very well be that dealing "factory direct" works, too - even for the common (wo)man.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment