Jun 8, 2011

Staring at the Moon


Last Night's Moon
Originally uploaded by Snak Shak
I tried to capture a decent photo of the moon last night. It took many, many attempts before I got a shot that I thought worked, and I was not even sure I captured that until I went through the shots on the computer. I finally gave up and sat on the front steps next to my tripod, staring at my photographic subject for awhile.

Staring at the moon unplugs thoughts; it taps into the subconscious - much like gazing into a fire does.

For my moon-gazing, I was rewarded with an insight. It occurred to me that "moving forward" requires "leaving behind".

That sounds pretty bloody obvious when you type it out, but if you stop and think about it, there is quite a bit there to chew on.

No comments:

Post a Comment