Mar 4, 2011

Another Stupid Bike Game, Potentially


Unchained Polo from Mr.Do on Vimeo.


As we edge towards Spring, I am contemplating giving bike polo a try. I've secured a piece of pipe and an old ski pole, so I am a short drilling-and-bolt project away from having a mallet, and I already have a bike that would be suitable now in the stable to at least give this a try. I'll keep my eyes out for  a dedicated bike if I like it, but for now I think I'll roll into this on the winter bike singles speed.

I almost gave this a shot last summer, but work and life conspired against me. I'll probably make my mallet this weekend and try to practice on my own at McRae beforehand so I don't embarrass myself too badly. It's nice that the place they play is close to my house, as well. I have no idea if I'll be any good at this, but my slow speed bike handling skills are pretty good, so that's at least a start.

Anybody want to place bets on whether or not I"ll be posting about my newly-broken wrist sometime this year?

The video is by Minnesota's own Mr. Do. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment