Mar 13, 2011

Light at the End of the Tunnel?

I got an email yesterday from an e-friend that I have not seen since the times of summer breezes and beers at Sea Salt. His message was a small unexpected ray of sunshine on what was otherwise a low gray day. It contained news of winter health challenges as well as the promise of leisurely county rides in better days ahead.

A fitting, timely and welcome message. It's hard to believe it's been slightly over a year since my realization that I need to do some serious work on becoming more perfect from now on or it's going to be a prolonged and unhappy state of affairs. Things are going better on that front but it's still a struggle at times.

I feel, however, as though the current of time is accelerating and carrying me more quickly toward that metaphorical waterfall which will fling me into a new life and new opportunities. A chance to take in some longer rides, explore some new territory and generally get reacquainted with what's good in this world and what's worthwhile. In a lot of ways, it feels similar to the last few weeks of school, looking ahead to a glorious summer break.

A few new and interesting projects are looming, the snow banks are now receding, and that light at the end of tunnel doesn't look quite so much like the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment