Mar 16, 2011

The Cat Trailer


Commuter and Cat Trailer
Originally uploaded by Snak Shak
As regular readers will already be aware, we adopted a pre-owned cat (Coltrane, also known as "big orange guy", "orange cat", or "chowbag") last fall. He's been a great room-mate and companion and we are getting along famously.

However, he's an odd cat. He's actually more of a dog than a cat. He loves to ride in the car and regularly accompanies us on errands. He is exceptionally laid back and loves when we have company. He did not bat an eye when he met my sister's hound (aka "Cousin Blue"). He is fearless, almost to a fault, and very, very confident. He's outdoorsy as well.

All of this leads me to believe that he would like to go for a bike ride now and then, I scored a used kid-hauling trailer from a friend today and plan to retro-fit this into a rolling Kitty Palace. I'll ride him around the lakes and such when the weather warms up and the streets dry out a bit. I think he'll really enjoy it.

If not, hey - new cargo trailer!

3 comments:

  1. i am not a cat person, but this is awesome! gave me a chuckle. perhaps I will see 'weird cat guy' around the lakes this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think he would like to try a cat harness? We have one that we never gave away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nic. He has a little harness already, though.

    Left to my own devices, I would probably have just dumped the cat in the trailer and went for it, but my spouse, who is wise in the ways of cats, has training programmed lined up for him to make this go better. We start tomorrow. Stay tuned for a riveting post on how to train cats to ride in bike trailers some time in the coming weeks...

    ReplyDelete