Here's the scoop...
We have had fantastic interest in the first ride based on the posts on Bike Love, in fact we have somebody that's planning (tentatively) to travel from somewhere in Wisconsin for this ride. Unfortunately, the fickle weather on Minnesota is not cooperating with us on our first ride. The forecast for tomorrow calls for a few inches of snow by morning and winds in excess of 20 mph all day.
That's pretty harsh, but 3-speeding is not for the weak, and what's the point of riding a 3-speed if you're not going to be a total bad-ass about it. Therefore, come hell or high water, I will be at the Longfellow Grill at 11:00 AM and will be prepared to ride in these conditions longer than anyone else wants to. That said, I am expecting a pretty weak turnout because anybody with a dram of sense and/or any better options will probably be doing something more sane than chugging around through slush on an old bike tomorrow.
Check back tomorrow and/or hit the 3-SAS Bike Love thread, because if the weather is truly poor, we will be rescheduling this ride for
Yes - we ride!